Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Quote

Here some comments about my school quote from forum:

"I was at Liverpool last year doing architecture and I dropped out :/
If you're into the arty side of things it's perfect for you, but if not then I wouldn't recommend going. I also didn't like that they didn't give you enough time to do things and there being crits twice a week, was so manic like all the time. The work isn't 'hard' just extremely time consuming"

"Yes I had an offer for K100 too.
Well the project I didn't like doing and ended up leaving before finishing was like you had a list of words and had to pick a couple of them, find out what they meant, and they seemed to be words which would describe artwork. And then sort of portray those words in a buildingof your own design.
There's alot of drawing and stuff and using different mediums. I felt really embarassed showing my rubbishy non-drawings against other people who have been drawing for ages and have lots of experience.
Another thing I didn't like was that they didn't have lecture notes or anything so you have to rely on your note taking, and they don't spell out any names of foreign buildings either or the architects which made it hard to keep up and revise."

EDIT: Tons of typos lol

Design. I was hoping there'd be more maths .. but nope

"no one school is great, especially after seeing the the liverpool degree show.its absolutely plain; could be from any school ofarchitecture in the uk, no styule no finesse, totally practical (which by the way is absolutely fine if thats what you want) but architectureis an art...judging by lpool they dont see ot that way... i guess if you just wanna be an architect then you may aswell go to liverpool, i dont think your good enough for the aa anyway. but if you thought there was more to architecture than just buildings then you'd go to the aa. it may look sculptural and unsupported but theres a years work there so how are ppl going to understand it from one image, dont be so naive. my reaction being extreme was generated from how extreme i viewed your comments. im not going to write anymore arrogant posts dont worry. theres no point..."








Conclusion: I have to prepare b4 going there...

Btw, I knew a guy from hei Long Jiang, China which will be my coursemate..hahahahaha

No comments: